Terms of Business
- Cancelled bookings will incur the total cost of the holiday. We will do our best to re-let the accommodation and if successful may refund a proportion of the cost of your holiday. You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance to cover this eventuality.
- The deposit of 25% is non-returnable.
- You are responsible for paying your balance 2 months before your arrival, please ensure you make the payment by the due date.
- The proprietors reserve the right to refuse any booking or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums that have been paid without further liability on your behalf.
- The proprietors reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your party are believed to be causing a nuisance to other guests or are not treating the property with due respect.
- The proprietors shall not be liable to you or any other member of your party for any loss or damage personal or of property to you or your party howsoever caused.
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottages at any time.
- Dogs should be wormed before arrival as the dog worm parasites can be transferred to farm animals causing liver damage and illness.
- Please leave the cottage in a tidy condition and let us know about any breakages, so that we can replace them. Any articles damaged or broken beyond normal wear and tear must be paid for.
- There must be no more members in your party than the cottage is designed to accommodate.
- The proprietors reserve the right to enter the property during your stay.
- You are asked to arrive not before 3pm on the day of arrival and to vacate the property by 10 am on the day of departure
- The proprietors reserve the right to cancel any booking if it subsequently transpires that any of the above mentioned conditions have not been observed
If you have not already done so please complete a booking form and email it to us – we need your details for our record.
Updated 7 June 2016