Self Catering Holiday Cottages & Coarse Fishing Lake
Please be warned that, while your Sat Nav will get you here, it frequently brings you in on narrow, single track roads with limited passing places
Directions to Little Comfort Farm, EX33 2NJ
- From junction 27 of the M5 take the North Devon Link Road (A361) to Barnstaple.
- At round about just before Barnstaple take signs for the A361 to Ilfracombe.
- Pass through Braunton still on the A361 ( towards Ilfracombe).
- Pass through the village of Knowle still on the A361.
- 2/3 mile after Knowle turn right towards Halsinger at Heddon Mills Cross, by bus stop, please take great care at this junction as it is an accident black spot.
- Proceed 1.8 miles turning left at the second crossroads.
- Then left again after a very short distance.
- Continue for 1 mile down a winding lane, over a small bridge and take the second entrance(signposted Fisherman’s Car Park) for Woodlark & Caen Byre or the third gateway for the Mill House, the Granary and Caen End.
Alternative route to avoid Barnstaple & Braunton where delays have been usual during the summer and on Fridays.
- From junction 27 of the M5 proceed to South Molton along the A361.
- Here turn right at the roundabout (Aller Cross) towards Brayford and Blackmoor Gate(A399).
- Continue through Brayford and past Blackmoor Gate.
- Three miles after Blackmoor gate turn left onto the A3123 towards Mullacott Cross and Woolacombe.
- Turn left at T junction just before Berry Down Cross and take care to avoid turning to East Down where the main road turns a very sharp corner.
- Go straight over at Lynton Cross (by On-a-Hill garage) then turn left to West Down village.
- In the centre of West Down turn right towards the school (signed Barnstaple) and left just before the school to leave the village on a country lane.
- Take the second turning on the left (signed Little Comfort farm Fishing) and proceed down the hill along a narrow lane to Little Comfort which is on the left at the bottom of the hill just before the bridge. Take the first gateway for the Mill House, Granary & Caen End, second gateway for Caen Byre & Woodlark.