Grounds, Housekeeping and Farm Assistant
Do you fancy working outdoors on an organic farmstay in the beautiful River Caen valley? A fantastic outdoors role for an energetic, enthusiastic and hard working individual. We are looking for someone to help us maintain our nature filled gardens and grounds, assist our housekeeping team on changeover days and work with Jeremy on farm tasks as and when they arise. This is a part time position to start as soon as possible.
What will the role entail?
- Assisting with chicken and geese, including maintenance and cleaning enclosures
- Weeding and tending to grounds
- Sweeping and general tidying/ maintenance
- Cleaning BBQs
- Cleaning and restocking wood burners
- Assistance monitoring, tending to and moving cattle and sheep (including calving/lambing when necessary)
- Assisting with fence repairs and other farm maintenance as it arises
- Assistance cutting and stacking logs
- Apple picking
- Strimming, hedge trimming and brush cutting duties (qualifications would be advantageous but training will be provided if not experienced).
- Assisting with wildlife surveys
- Many other varied maintenance tasks associated with cottages, grounds and farm, as and when they arise.
Key Skills Required
- A motivated, positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A passion for the outdoors and wildlife;
- Happy to work outdoors all day in any weather;
- Ability to undertake a physically demanding role;
- Happy to work on own but also as part of a team;
- Good attention to detail;
- A practical person with at least a basic understanding of and ability with tool use;
- Ability to work under instruction to complete tasks on own;
- Polite with excellent personal skills to maintain good customer relations with holiday guests and other paying customers;
- Knowledge, understanding and respect for health and safety within an outdoor farm environment
- Chainsaw, brush cutting experience and qualifications
- Health and safety qualifications
What do we offer?
- A stunning work location on a beautiful organic farm
- A healthy work environment in newly renovated buildings with healthy building biology design
- Opportunity to be part of a new, young business
- Training where required
- Opportunities for career progression
- Farm shop discount
- Discount on farm activities, including fishing and therapy room
- Performance related rewards
Hours and Pay
- The position will commence immediately
- Ability to work Mondays and Fridays, and additional hours as and when needed (we will be as flexible as possible), although weekend work is unlikely to be required.
- You will initially work for Little Comfort Farm as a sub-contractor with a view to being employed following a short probationary period
- Minimum statutory wage
How to apply
Please prepare a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and an up to date CV with at least two references. These should be sent to Jodie Ward via email to:
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an online interview shortly after application.