Housekeeping and Grounds Assistant
A fantastic indoor and outdoor role for an energetic, enthusiastic and hard working individual. We are looking for someone to assist our housekeeping team on changeover days, maintain outdoor areas and work with Jeremy on occasional farm tasks. This is a part time, seasonal position (Mondays and/or Fridays in school holidays, potentially extending year round) with flexible start.
What will the role entail?
- Assisting housekeeping team with basic tasks such as bed stripping and vacuuming.
- Weeding and tending to grounds.
- Sweeping and general tidying/maintenance.
- Cleaning BBQs.
- Cleaning and restocking wood burners.
- Occasionally assisting with chicken and geese, including maintenance and cleaning enclosures.
- Assisting with fence repairs and other farm maintenance as it arises.
- Apple picking.
- Other varied maintenance tasks associated with cottages, grounds and farm, as and when they arise.
Key Skills Required
- A motivated, positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Happy to work outdoors in any weather.
- Ability to undertake a physically demanding role.
- Happy to work on own but also as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under instruction to complete tasks on own.
- Polite with excellent personal skills to maintain good customer relations with holiday guests and other paying customers.
- Knowledge, understanding and respect for health and safety within an outdoor farm environment.
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
- A practical person with at least a basic understanding of and ability with tool use.
- Brush cutting experience and qualifications.
- A passion for nature.
- Health and safety qualifications.
What do we offer?
- A stunning work location on a beautiful organic farm.
- A healthy work environment. Using natural/eco cleaning products in newly renovated buildings with healthy building biology design. Surrounded by a chemical free, organic farm.
- Opportunity to be part of an independent, family owned and growing business.
- Training where required.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Farm shop discount.
- Discount on use of fishing lake.
- Performance related rewards.
Hours and Pay
- Up to two positions available.
- Flexible start.
- Ability to work Mondays and Fridays for 3-6 hours each day from 10am.
- Days and duration will depend upon bookings, and we aim to publish shift rotas with at least two weeks notice. During school holidays, we typically need help on every Monday and Friday.
- Must be able to work during the school holidays. Work outside school holidays will also be available if suitable for the individual.
- Weekend work is unlikely to be required.
- You will initially work for Little Comfort Farm as a sub-contractor with a view to being employed following a short probationary period.
- Minimum statutory wage plus £1 per hour.
How to apply
Please prepare a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and an up to date CV with at least two references. These should be sent to Jodie Ward via email to:
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview shortly after application.